Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Springy Bohemian" Makeup Look and Outfit

  I had a doctor's appointment today, to check up on the growth of the little one I am carrying. While I wanted to look nice when I went out, I also wanted to be comfortable; and what better way to dress chic in comfort, than a pop of color and a good dose of beaded bohemian style?

   Inspired by the dazzling pastels spring often brings, I pulled out my Color Theory palette. I love this palette. For such a cheap price, it delivers amazing color impact-both bright and somewhat metallic.  I remember I paid less than five dollars for it at my local CVS Pharmacy.  The shadows are shaped to look like roses, and if you have been following me for some time now, you know how I love roses!

   *********************************************************************

My Makeup-How:


 1. I applied my Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance Primer to my entire lid.

 2. Next, using a small concealer brush I applied a thin layer of Nyx Skin Tone Eyes Shadow Base; as it is very thick in texture, a little will go a long way.

3. With an eye shadow brush, I generously pat on the darker purple shade in my Color Theory, on my entire lid, but stopping at the crease.

 4. With another eye shadow brush, I then blend the edges of the purple, into my crease, with the lighter pink shadow.

 5. With a crease brush, then I added some dark green shadow to outer v and into midway in the crease, working from the out towards the middle.

 6.  To add a little glow, I dusted some of the gold shadow in my inner duct and on my inner lower lash line.

7. Then with a fluffy highlight brush, I applied the white shadow to my brow bone and blended into the other colors in my crease to finish.

8. I tightlined both top and bottom lids with Nyx Retractible Black Eyeliner, and then lined right above my eyelashes with New York Colors Black Liquid Eyeliner.

9. I applied Julep's Volumizing Mascara in Black to my lashes, using more of the product on my upper lashes, and less on the bottom.

10. Using a blush brush, I dusted lightly on the apples of my cheeks, a silvery rose colored blush.

11. To finish this look, I applied Stila lipglaze in Pout, to my lips and then with my finger lightly dabbed on Maybelline's Vivids Lipstick in Pink Pop for a bit of bright color.


My arsenal for today's look...



     ********************************************************************************************

What I wore:

  I love the beading on this blue maternity top. It is simplistic, yet it is a statement in its own right. I found it and the black tunic a some garage sales quite some time ago. I also sported my maternity jeans and some boots. The boots, I bought on clearance at Walmart last winter. Though wedges, they are very comfortable and I can easily walk in them. 
    And of course I carry my new faux leather bag everywhere! I love how I can toss my things in with my daughter's necessities. It is a lot easier than juggling a diaper bag and a purse.
   The only jewelry I wore, as the embossed shirt did very well on its own, was some gold and black, linked chain, tassel earrings; which fringe/tassel jewelry is very much in trend at the moment.     
    I wore my hair up in my signature high messy bun, a floral scarf head band, and a jaw rose clip to hold the hair on the back of my head in place. 
 This is one of my favorite outfits to wear and it has been a nice go-to when I am out the door in a hurry! 

<3 Beth.

I want to make a big shout out to my dear friend Honey (at http://www.honeygirlsworld.com/blog.html, and http://www.youtube.com/user/destne146) for recommending the Vivids Lipstick Line by Maybelline, and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance! My shadows last all day thanks to the primer, and the Vivids lipstick is so creamy-it is just divine!!! I finally have really good lipsticks to work with and don't have to be afraid of trying them anymore. Thank you!


FTC: I AM IN NO WAY BEING COMPENSATED BY SAID COMPANIES TO WRITE THIS BLOG POST. ALL THOUGHTS ARE MY OWN, UNBIASED AND ARE IN NO WAY AFFECTED BY ANOTHER PARTY. I AM NOT BEING PAID BY ANY OF THE SAID COMPANIES FOR THIS POST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

cutest blog