Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

It Was A Sad Farewell...

My poor bag breathed its last.   :(
   For those of you who saw a haul on my youtube channel last summer, you may remember a faux leather vintage looking shoulder bag I had purchased on ebay.  About six months later, I had to set it aside, as it was falling apart.  It was detrimental to me, as I love this particular bag.  Finding a purse that screams your personality is so hard to find.  I hope to find a shop somewhere that specializes in restoring handbags.  Until then, I had to find something else; something more durable.  I love the look of leather-real or faux.  I can beat on it without a care and it gives it some character, and I am fine with that.  I could have purchased another just like the one I had, but I thought spending thirty dollars on a bag that didn't last a year was not wise. Thus, I decided to search locally. I looked at Maurice's. They did have some nice bags but I wasn't about to spend fifty dollars on something I wasn't in love with.
 
        Thereafter, I stopped by Shoe Show. I honestly didn't think I would find much of anything there since their selection is usually pretty sparse; taking only one small wall in the front, but there were a few that caught my eye. One in particular struck my fancy. At first glance I saw the price tag which said $80.00.  I shook my head and moved on, but then realizing after looking at other price labels, I had only seen half the tag. I looked again. Their actual price was $19.99. Elated, I grabbed it, looked over the other purses and then purchased it. It is not the dark tone my other hand bag was, but it is darker than the others which were displayed.
Added a little bit of "me."
    When I got home, I added a couple key chains  to personalize it a bit. I still wanted to keep its raw simplicity, but I wanted to set it apart a little.  After a few days of using it, I cannot see myself using anything else just now. It is so big! I can put my stuff in it PLUS my daughters diapers, wipes, and even a extra change of clothes for her. It is so nice not to carry a diaper bag and a purse when we are out doing errands. It has plenty of pockets, too. To make it easier to sling over my shoulder, I also added the strap that came with my previous shoulder bag.  The material feels much more sound and durable than my last one.  Hopefully this bag will last more than six months!

<3 Beth. 

FTC: I AM IN NO WAY BEING COMPENSATED TO DISCUSS SAID COMPANIES. ALL ITEMS MENTIONED WERE BOUGHT WITH MY OWN MONEY. THIS BLOG POST WAS DONE OF MY OWN FREE WILL, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN, UNBIASED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cutest blog