Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Simple and Low key" Makeup Look

  Today, having decided to work on a lot of chores, I wanted to keep my makeup simplistic. So I reached for my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and set to work. I like to keep my everyday looks quick so it probably took less than five or ten minutes.

************************************

How I did it:

1. First, I applied Too Faced Eye shadow Insurance Eye Primer to my entire lids.  

2. Then, with my eco tools foundation brush I applied my Nyx Skin tone eye shadow base, also to entire lids. A thin application is sufficient as it is very thick.

3. Next, taking a eye shadow brush (and using the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette), I pat the shade Naked 2 from my lashes to my crease; stopping right on the crease. 

4. Then using a smaller eye shadow brush, I work in the shade Faint into my crease and the outer v.

5. By this time I wanted to lighten Faint, as it looks a little to dark. With a fluffy blending brush, I apply Venus to my brow bone and inner duct, and blend it in to the Faint on my crease and outer v-a little at a time; just to lighten the color a little.

6. Using an eyeliner brush, I dip into Crave and smudge my upper and lower lashes, just a little.

7. I finish off my eye make up with Nyx Retractable eye liner in black (tight lining both top and bottom), and then lining right above my upper lash line, thinly with New York Colors Black Liquid Eyeliner.

8. I apply Julep's American Beauty Volumizing Mascara to my lashes.

9. Then I dot and blend a little at a time my Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral on the apples of my cheeks. Just enough to give it a soft flush of color. 

10.  To give my cheek bones some definition, I contour with a bronzing blush and Nyx Bronzer, in Daydream of Kauai, using my ear as a guide, swooping the brush down to mid-cheek, and then up into temples. 

11. To finish this look, I applied Maybelline's Baby Lips in Coral Crush-a lip balm with just enough color to keep everything fresh but yet simple.

******************************************************************************

  This happens to be one of my quick go-to looks for everyday.  Normally, with this, I wear a tank at home with some pajama bottoms and bright fun colored socks and my hair up in a high messy bun with maybe a flower or a scarf headband.  I feel happiest in comfort.  I can move around easily and don't feel the need to fuss with my attire and just get things done.

<3 Beth.

Author's Notes:

I went to send out a thank you to my dear friend Honey (at http://www.youtube.com/user/destne146, and http://www.youtube.com/user/destne146) for recommending many of the products showcased in today's look (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette,  Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush, and Maybelline's Baby Lips).  Honey's thoughts on many products have been very informative and helpful. I truly feel readers will benefit from her advice in all things beauty. Check her out!

******************************************************************************

Special sneak peek at tomorrow's LOTD inspiration:



I am so ready for some spring inspired shimmer and color!!!


FTC: I AM IN NO WAY BEING COMPENSATED TO SHOW OR DISCUSS THESE PRODUCTS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN UNBIASED. I AM NOT BEING PAID FROM ANY OF SAID COMPANIES TO DO THIS BLOG POST.


No comments:

Post a Comment

cutest blog