Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Greatest Bargain of the Week!

   Have you ever just happen to be at the right place at the right time and spotted an AMAZING deal for something you truly admire? Garage sale? Thrift store? Ebay?  Then you would know the rush of excitement you feel, as your jaw hits the floor, when you look at the price for a SECOND TIME. Then you think, THAT IS MINE!
   Or, maybe I am just a crazy loon and do not know what I am talking about. However, that is exactly how I felt today.  I dropped by our local library to wash my hands after my five mile walk.  I had found a wild mulberry bush on my walk and decided to make it's offerings my breakfast, but was alarmed to find that the delicious berries left juices on my hands. Being very careful the whole way back, as I was wearing a new white blouse, I made my way to the library.
   Now our library sells donated books, cd's, videos, and art very cheap in the entrance room. I browsed their selection, after ridding the stains off my hands, and spotted a gorgeous Victorian inspired family memory album. I didn't have any cash on me, save some change. So I took the album to one of the librarians at the front desk. I asked her how much it was, and she said one dollar. When I asked her if she could hold on to it for me until I could return I was afraid she would say no. Yet, she agreed. 

            
                                           These are only just a few of the pages in this beauty.

Front Cover with ties to keep closed










Elaborate Detailing on the back cover


   Later I picked it up and brought it home. My mother and I took a really good look at each page in the beautiful book.  She also loves the Victorian era as much as I.  With each page topic there are places to write names and dates. Around which is bordered with Victorian trinkets, tea things, ect... to represent that particular topic. To the other side of the page are windows to place photos for that occasion. Just darling!!
   I plan on waiting until my daughter is grown before adding pictures or information to this book. It will be nice to have it all done at once. In the meantime, I have my family scrapbook to keep me busy.

    




No comments:

Post a Comment

cutest blog