Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fufill Your NEED to Scrapbook But SAVE!!

After I found I was pregnant I began to brainstorm on how to afford scrapbooking on a budget. All the pretty decals, backgrounds, fancy getup costs so much. Walmart was even supposed to be "cheap," however unless they had something on sale or clearance, I found this not to be the case.  I knew I could find appliques somewhat less expensive at thrift stores and garage/yard sales. But when my baby shower came around the corner then it hit me....why not use the gift bags, wrapping paper, and paper decorations for scrap booking? I then saved ALL my bags that my well wishers put the gifts in. They are perfect for the backgrounds and layouts for my photos. Some of the bags even came with 3-D art that I could reuse as appliques. It was a sheer delight to discover not only a unique way to scrapbook a family album (featuring a little child) but a way to limit the expense!! This would even work for gift bags for Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversaries, and even Weddings!

  
Such cute feathers on this Duck!




Such a sweet picture...

This 3D decals would be perfect for appliques.
This economy has really challenged me to be as "thrift" as I possibly can in many ways. Not only is this cheaper, but it can be considered eco-friendly as well. Instead of throwing wrapping paper or cute gift bags away I have discovered that they can serve a purpose in many different ways. Scrap booking being just one of many.  I am looking forward to documenting with such fun designs given to me by my friends and family.



                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

cutest blog